H.E.L.P. House Services
Registered clients may shop
through our food pantry once a week|
The H.E.L.P House provides eight major services to its clients:
- Food Pantry: Our food pantry follows the "choice method" preferred by the Mid-Ohio Food Bank. Families and individuals who meet the guidelines set forth by the Mid-Ohio Food Bank may register and come to shop for food once a week. The amount of food received will be proportional to the number of individuals in a registered household.
- Loving Kindness Kitchen: Monday evenings, we serve over 350 prepared meals to our neighbors and deliver approximately 80-90 meals to the homebound.
- Clothing Pantry: The H.E.L.P House is full of racks of
clothing. Clients may choose to look through the new or gently used clothing when they come to shop for food each week.
Our clothing pantry is open at the
same time as our food pantry. We
get new arrivals each week!
- Household items: We offer sheets, towels, pots, pans, plates, small appliances, etc. Because these items are donations, we cannot guarantee our supply at any given time. However, clients may look through our supply each week to see what new arrivals we have.
- Furniture and Mattresses (when available): Because of the limited amount of space we have at the H.E.L.P House, we often do not stock furniture and mattresses on-site. If you are in need of any items, please see one of the H.E.L.P House workers or volunteers. WE keep a list of individuals and families who wish to donate their furniture items and we can help you get in touch with them.
- Loving Support and Compassion: Our staff and volunteers are always willing to provide loving support and compassion for those in need of guidance and advice. If requested, we will pray with you and for you as well,
- Special Outreaches: We realize that the holidays, cold weather, and new school years are especially difficult times for our clients. For that reason, we offer these annual outreaches:
- Back-to-School supplies and clothing
- Winter coat drive
- Thanksgiving dinner
- Christmas gift shopping day for parents and guardians
- Christmas party for children
- Easter baskets and clothing