Mission of the H.E.L.P. House
H.E.L.P. House exists to serve children, families, and individuals in need by providing food, clothing, emergency assistance and God's love.
We focus on recognizing their struggles within a loving environment with dignity and respect.
The H.E.L.P. House Community Outreach opened as a youth outreach for young people and their families in February 1999 at 106 West High Street, London OH. Since opening, it has evolved into a large mission for helping all those in need with food and clothing, household items, referrals, and emergency funding.
In 2006, the H.E.L.P. House moved to 122 East Center Street, London OH 43140 after outgrowing its second location at 253 W. High Street.
- To provide needed services to those at risk.
- To empower clients toward personal and economic independence.
- To bring them the love and compassion they need to survive through tough times.
- As a Christian outreach, we provide prayer and scripture when a client is asking for spiritual support. The H.E.L.P. House is an acronym for His Eternal Loving Purpose, signifying our foundation for reaching out to those in need. Regardless of our own spiritual underpinnings, the H.E.L.P. House is resolutely non-denominational.
- To promote and network with other social services and agencies that complement the services of the H.E.L.P. House.
- The H.E.L.P. House is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
- The H.E.L.P. House is non-denominational and non-descriminatory.
- Agency of the United Way of Clark, Champaign, and Madison Counties.
- Agency of the Mid-Ohio Food Bank.